Monday, April 17, 2006

You are Ennis Del Mar. Fair, strong, and willful, you take time to consider your decisions and you stand by what you believe in.

It had to happen....
Among all the things I've wasted my time doing today, I finally found the What Brokeback Mountain character are you? quiz that I (ahem) approve of. Even so, it's not very good, so someone should show me how to make quizes on this machine and I'll make you a quiz that will knock you flat on you're, well, you know.
Also, you can guess that I scored 100% correct on the How Obsessed are You with Brokeback Mountain quiz - and the person who wrote it doesn't know how to spell Alma.

Just so you know - I'm probably nowhere near done with this topic, but I will move on because this is going to be a subject of much discussion for probably, say...the rest of my life.

Vital Stats (I'll try and keep it brief and update more frequently)

River Report: the river crested the Wednesay after my last post and we didn't get as much rain as expected so all's well. Now it's a matter of mobilizing volunteers to take down the sandbags.

Weather Report: Gorgeous and sunny! A little windy and chilly if you're outside without a jacket but BEAUT-IEFUL! Like butter!

After School Program: Over for the school year! Aww! I'm going to miss those kids, but I've got a little over a month to figure out what's going on next year - and pull together the summer program! Oi vey!

What else am I doing: Community Organizer training with the People Escaping Poverty Project...it's really exciting/interesting. I'll have to tell you more about it some time.

Musical of the Month: Jesus Christ Superstar! Duh!

Easter: Went home and saw my mom and brothers and spent a little time with the puppies. Talked politics, movies, movies and movies, it was good.

Train Status: Dropped me off in Fargo at 4 a.m. this morning!

Movies I'm looking forward to: Da Vinci Code, X3, Pirates 2, and Thank You for Smoking. Right now no solid plans to see any of them.

Recipe of the weekend: Oh, I don't know but I recently experimented with Sam's Enchilada recipe and modified it to include spinach, brocoli, tomatos, peppers, shallots, corn and some black beans. It actually worked too! They were quite tasty!

Oh in other news: My Peace Corps application has been submitted. So in about a year from now I should (hopefully) be getting stationed somewhere?

Got something to say? Sure you do! Post a comment!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah veggie enchiladas! I've been meaning to experiment but have not time to cook.

Chris said...

Glad to hear that Red river decided to leave y'all the alone. Sounds like April is goin good for you.

Chris said...

Wow thanks for the info about HG Wells, that makes that book a whole lot more interesting then I intainally thought. Well its been bump up the to reread list.

Nicki said...

Wow, send me that modified enchilada recipe...dying for some new ideas over here. You can only eat curry so many nights...and stop talking about you being posted somewhere! I can't bear the thought of us being apart again! *throws Laura up against the wall and makes out with her in manner of heath ledger from BBM*