Thursday, July 26, 2007

Virtual Tour of My Apartment

Disclaimer: The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps. The government maintains no official position on the cleanliness or messiness of my apartment.

Before
So I know I mentioned to some of you and in my last post the cleaning spree I went on upon moving into my new place almost three weeks ago. Once again not to take any thing away from the previous tennant or say he had "unclean" living habits, or anything - whatever - as long as he was happy. I'm just posting the before and after photos so you can see the results of my two-weeks work at carpet beating and scrubbing, new toliet seat installing, dusting, and furtiture rearranging - all this to take this place - and make it mine!

this is the opposite side of the front door - you try to get blogger to put your pictures in an order but what can you do?!
Like most Romanian apartments my refrigerator is in the hallway. This was the first thing you saw when you walked in the door.
this is the bedroom
also the bedroom complete with a lot of fake flowers but the door goes to a balcony so I can't complain.

was the living room set up


Ok, it won't let me write where I want, but this was the kitchen. All the dishes were clean when I moved in. Note the broken cabinet doors and the carpet - in the kitchen....

What the hell is this? That's right. This is the painting that was on the wall, painted by my landlord or my landlord's father of a Polar bear eating a guy - look at it closely - if you dare.

After

And now bask in the cleanliness and the girliness of the way I rearranged things. Notice no halway carpet anymore.


A fresh table cloth in here made a lot of difference. Also I took down those broken cabinet doors.


The kitchen began feeling cleaner as soon as I washed the curtains. The curtain in here doubles as a mosquito net since the kitchen is the only big window without a screen. I'm really lucky to have a kitchen of this size - with counter space. A nice big clean kitchen - complete with plants - makes me happy!

not a lot different in the bedroom other than i moved my stuff in, dusted and made the bed.
my new living room arrangement. This huge carpet, and the smaller carpet in the bedroom are the ones I beat and washed by hand on the balcony. The others - I threw away.


A picture of my computer showing me The Daily Show!

A picture of my incredibly awkward bathroom with half a meter of space between the sink and the washing mashine, and giant pipes with paint peeling off them in the shower. But hey, it works so I'm not complaining. I know there's no before picture to compare the bathroom to, and this is a hard bathroom to clean and have it look clean. I'm not saying the bathroom was dirty when I moved it because it wasn't. I'm saying the toliet seat was broken. So I bought a new one. Periwinkle blue. That thing on the sink is my Peace Corps water filter.

So what do you think of my apartment?

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Apartment looks lovely Laura.