Wednesday, November 28, 2007

: ((

Disclaimer: The contents of this website are mine personally and so do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps. Like totally!

This is the emotocon for crying. Those of you who know me know there's only two tv shows I care about since The West Wing was canceled (and TV is dead to me), The Daily Show and The Colbert Report. I'm sorry I don't have anything to say about the Broadway stagehands strike, but Broadway and I aren't really speaking. I will say this though, being far away from home I really enjoyed watching The Daily Show and The Colbert Report online four days a week.

The writers' strike is killing me.

I have cried real tears over this.*

But I think the whole situation is best summed up by another fan, and if you still need more explaination go to youtube and watch Not the Daily Show. Bless John Oliver for being a Brit and showing up in that video.

Here you go. It's short but you may as well pop the popcorn. There's no other reason to anymore.



* not while I was awake but I dreamed I did.

I MISS THE DAILY SHOW AND COLBERT! WAAAAAAAAAH WAAAH! (sob!)

3 comments:

Nicki said...

Oh God, it's so true. I had to watch this with the sound off because I'm at work--and the video still hits hard!!! I totally support the strike but my God, do I miss me some Stewart and Colbert. At the same time, I feel like MY suffering is contributing to the strike, so, yes, we must STAY STRONG!!! And support our writers--no substitutions! Fair wages for our writers! Yeay!

Unknown said...

And thankfully most of the other behind the scenes folk dependent on these shows...wardrobe, technicians, etc...have a damn fine union as well to help them through while the writer's negotiate their due. Not that TV writers are really suffering or living below the poverty line...

Laura said...

Sam has a good point but it's about principal. The writers are artists who create the content of the shows we love. All the money shouldn't just go directly to the corporations and shareholders and bypass the creators. The other video makes the point that they are suing youtube over this and yet don't want to give the writers a thing. Comedycentral.com alone is worth half a billion in adspace and some of that should go to the craftspeople and creators of the jokes.

The video is so much better with the music!