Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Return of Kwarou
Disclaimer: The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

As of today I've had Kwarou, my beloved laptop back in my possession for two weeks - and I still haven't updated my blog. I have been busy. Other peace corps volunteers in my class that I talk to say that they've been busy. I feel like around March of your second year you suddenly become busier than ever before.

And then I remember that it's not March yet.

Well, I am planning a rather intense vacation for March and the beginning of April, but until then I want to recommit myself to blogging about serious things having to do with my experience, my projects and Romanian culture - less about movies and internet videos and things my cat does. That, after all is what facebook is for.

I would write a serious post right now, except I'm busy today. I'm cleaning my apartment. Due to my suggestion Deva is hosting the next Gender and Development Committee meeting this weekend and I have six people staying with me. I handled the hostel reservations for the committee (mostly) by myself in Romanian and made a dinner reservation for 20 at a local restaurant and invited my "French" friends from New Years to hang out with a bunch of Americans and Romanians over pizza tomorrow night. (I call them French because they all speak French, but truthfully one is Belgian and one is Argentine.) And I'm baking cinnamon rolls Saturday morning.

So this weekend is pretty busy too - like my last three weekends, but I promise you a serious post on the outcome of my project proposal which will be voted on by the committee on Saturday.

Thanks for sticking with me. I promise to try and make it more interesting or at least relevant from now on.

3 comments:

Chris said...

I'm glad Kwouru (sp) is back. I'm glad that your back with us in cyber space.

Nicki said...

Yes, I'm glad Kwarou is back as well--and that you're still alive and kicking and baking. Have fun this weekend! (You can totally put up pictures of parties if they're committee parties, that counts!)

Unknown said...

Hurray Kwarou! I've missed your blogging. Of course I could get off my ass an send off an email or postcard from time to time though...I've no one to blame but my self for our lapse in communication. I miss you dear.