Saturday, May 17, 2008

What am I obsessed with today?
The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps, of which I am a proud volunteer.

Usually the answer to that would be Schwepp's Bitter Lemon. Oooh, I love me some Schwepp's Bitter Lemon...

Those of you who know me well, know I don't get in to new music easily. Usually it takes a cd player and at least a five-hour rode trip. See, for me, the purpose of music is to sing along with it (if it's show tunes - like it's your audition) so it's hard for me to get into new music because I almost never listen to anything I don't already know. Then last weekend a friend introduced me to this:



This is Mika. And this:



I realized that finding actual official - released by the band music videos on Youtube can be difficult, but I don't care I want to encourage this.



I was all excited to introduce you to Mika because as I said I don't get into new music very often, so for all I know this guy could be brand new - cds hot off the lazer writer. you guys are all still listening to cds, right?

Then the title of Sam's blog post shattered my image that I was into something new that you guys stateside don't yet know about. There's going to be years of you guys talking to me about movies like Bucket List that I don't know about and have never heard of.

Well, bring it on. Because I challenge you to name the song on this album I am completely obsessed with. I'll give you two hints - A) it sounds like Killer Queen and B) It's me, c'mon guys this shouldn't be hard.

3 comments:

Nicki said...

Oh man, I know what you mean...Mika was huge in London when I was there and when he finally hit over here I was like "haha, well ahead of the curve!!!" You should ask your Romanian friends if they have any crazy Romanian pop you can share...then you'll be one of those weird Euro-music fans. woot.

Batmanda said...

I first heard "Grace Kelly" on the radio about a year ago, but it was just last week when I downloaded the album.
... It's my new favorite workout music.

Unknown said...

Yeah...Mika was a big hit with the girls at the Berkshire Theatre last summer...sorry we didn't fill you in on him earlier! As far as the new obsession...you've got me!

And the way you talk of bitter lemon makes me desperately want to try some.