Thursday, February 09, 2006

Despite our best intentions...
sometimes we just have to listen to what our bodies tell us they need. For instance, I thought I was going to work until 6:30 every night this week and then go work out for an hour. That didn't happen. Instead on Monday my body was telling me that it was much more important that I go home and eat spaghetti than work out, since I'd seen the Daily Show episode for that day already anway. And I should also have an Erbert and Gerberts sandwhich for lunch. With Cheetos.

Clearly I was going to have one of those weeks where I feel the urgent need to eat anything I get my hands on, whether I'm hungry or not. Plus anything you mention to me becomes an instant craving. Tuesday I had a pint of Ben & Jerry's for supper (and the only Ben & Jerry's I could find was Vanilla Heathbar. Given my current raging obession with Heath Ledger, clearly this is God thinking she's funny!) And last night my inner college student that will never completely go away ate free cheese pizza until I thought I was going to be sick!

The point to all of this is - sometimes your body knows what it needs. I used to have a week like this exactly once-a-month. Now I haven't had one in probably more than a year. I think it's good for someone who excercises regularly (or tries to) to take a week off and catch up on junk food and sleeping on the couch. Or if not, what I'm trying to say is I'm not going to feel bad about my abberant behavior this week, not because I'm a woman - not for any reason. In fact precisely because I'm a woman is why I choose to feel good about it! Because if my body tells me it needs Ben & Jerry's, Ben & Jerry's it shall have!

Now, if you don't mind. I'm going to go home and spend sometime with a heating pad watching The Shawshank Redemption.

No comments: