Thursday, June 15, 2006

I'm off to see the Wizard!

No, but that's what it feels like. I'm bound for Minneapolis tomorrow for my Peace Corps interview so everyone wish me luck! The interview should take an hour and a half and will determine if my file gets sent to Washtington D.C. for further review.

Because there's nothing more I can say about the interview because it hasn't happened yet, I thought I'd update my readers once again on all things Brokeback Mountain.

Specifically I'd like to congratulate Jake G. and Heath Ledger for winning Best Kiss at the MTV movie awards, and to inform some people that it's not the first time a male-male kiss has won the award. Jason Biggs and Stifler won for American Pie 2 but that was kind of a high school - isn't it funny that two guys kissed- nomination. This was different because as far as I know it is the first time a male-male kiss with actual attraction between the characters has won. This time it is a real honor, and true to honesty and brutality of the film, not making fun of the situation of two men kissing in a movie, and I just wanted to say I love how Jake G acknowledged that with his acceptance speech.

And now, forever Up On My Soapbox, I present you with another link: www.walkforjustice.org you can use to sponsor me and the People Escaping Poverty Project in the Walk for Justice on Sept. 17th. For more information about the walk or about PEPP you can email me or see the June 12th blog entry below.

5 comments:

Chris said...

Good luck on the interview

Unknown said...

Break a leg!

Greta said...

Good luck!!!!!

Cathy said...

I hope your interview goes fabulous!!!

Nicki said...

OMG I'm so nervous for you!!! I hope that everything is going well, because you're at your interview RIGHT NOW and I've been pacing my room all day going "Wow, I really hope she gets it because she is AWESOME and is totally the right person for the job." I'm thinking of ya, hon! You're amazing!