Monday, June 19, 2006

Nominated!

For all you out here in the blogsphere, I thought I'd post on the results of my interview: which is that I was nominated to the Peace Corps. This means, as I understand it, my name is temporarily joined with a program and my file now goes to the Placement Office for further consideration. Right now the program I am nominated to is in Eastern Europe and I would leave in May of 2007, but that can change. I still have to get physical examinations and issued a health clearance and a legal clearance (gov't background checks and the like.) As always, I will keep you updated on the process. It looks like I will be leaving to serve in the Peace Corps sometime within the next year...and hopefully sooner than May, but we'll see.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good Luck Laura.

Greta said...

YEA! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Hooray