Sunday, December 31, 2006

Last Post of 2006!

I want to take a moment and reflect on the December I've had. I was sad to leave Ocean Springs, Mississippi, the friends I've made and the work down there, but I had to come home for Christmas. I had a lot of great experiences working on the Gulf Coast, and if not for the Peace Corps I probably would have stayed down there.

I had a great Christmas and it was really nice to spend time with friends and family and I was very blessed to get to spend time with many of those who are dear to me, including reunions with some old friends. Part of that is my trip out to NYC where I sit in Queens right now as I type this.

The plan was to go to Time Square for New Years but as no one seems to want to get off the couch and I'm coming down with a bad cold, I don't know if that's going to happen. It's all right, however as I came here to see friends and not the city, so much.

I'm still preparing to leave for Romania in February, and will get a lot more serious about working on that as soon as New Year's is over.

In the meantime I hope everyone had a great holiday!

No comments: