Wednesday, January 10, 2007

The Journey Home

Train ride to Andy's from dinner - approx 1 hour
Go to the bathroom, pick up bags, say goodbye to Michelle, Greta and Humphrey - approx 16min
Train ride to Penn station from Andy's - approx 1 hour
Train ride to airport from Penn station - approx 15 minutes
Shuttle ride to monorail plus monorail ride to terminal - approx 35min
Wait for United ticket counter to open - approx 1hour 20min
Wait at the gate for delayed flight - approx something more than 2 hours
Flight - 1 hour 45 minutes
Sleep on the flight - something more than 1 hour
Time change - lost one hour
Breakfast at IHOP in Chicago with Chris - 3 hours ?
Cups of coffee: 3 plus a stop at Starbucks for something with Expresso in it
Hours slept upon walking in the door to my house - 4
Bedtime- 10:30 after The Daily Show

I'm home in WI, where I will stay without getting on a plane again until mid Feb. It was a great trip to NYC! Thank you Andy, Greta, and Humphrey for putting up with my tissues and eating your mac and cheese! Thanks Andy for the appetizers and for everything! Thanks Sam for coming into town last night! It was good to see you! Thanks Michelle for some great discussions! Thanks Natalie, for everything, and mostly for being there. Thanks Chris for picking me up at the airport and listening to me rant about Supernatural on virtually no sleep. I WILL SEE YOU ALL AGAIN! Good times!

2 comments:

Nicki said...

I concur, Laura--when it comes to friends willing to put us up and feed us, we do really have the best. Glad you're back safe!

Anonymous said...

Glad you're home safe. I wish Country Wife hadn't monopolized so much of my time...

And Andy and I realized at 1:42am, as your train was pulling away, that we should have gone down to Newark with and conitnued on to New Brunswick. It would have been 20 more minutes with you and 2 more hours of sleep for me...