Sunday, January 21, 2007

I'm Expecting!

It's official! I ordered a laptop computer yesterday and I will be recieving 5-7 days after January 30th. My first computer all my very own! I've never had a new computer before. The closest I've come to having ANY computer was my parents' old Gateway after my mom got a new Dell in 2003. The PC was functional but had barely enough memory to run a DSL connection and a weird Fellowship of the Rings "wizards" screensaver my brother put on there (not that I'm complaining).

Now I will have my very own laptop that will store my writings, my recipes, my pictures, my music and eventually connect to the internet. It will allow me to watch DVDs and keep in touch with all of you while I'm in Romania. And I bet it will come in handy for work too!


Oh I'm so excited for my new laptop computer to get here! Why? What did you think I was talking about?

Speaking of keeping in touch, just so you know I'm on Facebook now too. I'm still figuring it out so I don't know how to do a lot, but it seems like a neat social tool.

Because I haven't said it in a while the Recipe of the Weekend was vegetable stew. One thing I miss while being a vegetarian is stew. I've tried a delicous recipe for squash stew which I like very much, but this recipe was basically Vegetables (roots to be more specific: parsnip, carrots, potatos, onion, turnip) + water + salt&pepper + rice + cumin. After I got it all in the pot together it didn't seem very promising. My mom was teasing me it looked like Great Depression Stew. Her dad used to tell her his Great Depression recipe for Cabbage Soup made from cabbage, water and pepper (and perhaps a ham bone - so the vegetarian version would be as stated and quite dull.)

Luckily I was able to swoop in at the last minute and save MY stew by adding vegetable broth, garlic powder, parsley, oregano, bay, lemon juice and a little tomato paste. Stew it is, but cut out for a life of poverty, perhaps I'm not!

1 comment:

Chris said...

Congraulations. Let me know when your bundle of happiness arrives. :)