Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Almost Perfect Christmas Photos
Disclaimer: The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Here are some pictures from Christmas! For videos see two posts below but here are some pictures of things I didn't get video of - and I didn't get as much video of myself and my friends speaking Romanian because at dinner on Christmas my batteries died.

Micah giving cookies to our carolers.



A shining aray of gift plates - look at all the baking we did!

Micah gets his coat on!


Iulia tastes a chocolate covered pretzel.


Have a drink of tuica!


or palinka (twice distilled plum brandy)

Christmas trees are different in Romania because I don't think they are farmed for Christmas. Also I see many people carrying their tree home under their arm. This is a huge tree for a little Romanian apartment and very beautiful. It was the first year I haven't had a Christmas tree and neither did Micah.

Micah got a Romanian book from his friend and former tutor Iulia.

There was a scarf and a new hat under the tree for me even though I'd met Iulia once before and I'd never met her parents!

Visiting Micah's gazda bunicia (grandmother). We delievered a plate of goodies and caroled and then sampled more Romanian holiday treats.

Plates of tasty treats and a bottle of a sweet cherry juice from the orchard.

Christmas day a strange parade passed by the apartment with people in colorful animal costumes and beating the drums. They walked around the bloc apartments in a loop a couple times.


Another volunteer, Jesse, came over for Christmas day and we had dinner (and cookies) with Micah's host family.

No comments: