Monday, November 28, 2005

Weather the Storm
So last night and today there was a terrific ice storm here and school is canceled. Along with it our Winter Celebration, for the 7th graders in the after school program, which is too bad but maybe it worked out for the best since my co-cordinator is stuck in South Dakota. Everything and I mean everything outside (including the door to my building and the front steps) is covered in a layer of ice - so think the snow doesn't even crunch when you walk on it! I am actually quite relieved I don't have to drive a van today.

Now if I could just get them to turn the heat down in my apartment, it would actually be quite cozy. I believe it's hotter just because it's the second floor, but it is irritating to come home and have to completely strip off all the extra layers down to the long underware or else be boiling in my apartment - and conversely to have to get completely re - dressed anytime you go anywhere. Ahh well.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ginny, our draping professor, was in Fargo for Thanksgiving, doing a "mom check-up". She just called at 6:30pm to say she finally made it to Minneapolis. The Dakotas are all over NY's NPR station too. It must have been one hell of a storm... On the plus side, it resulted in the cancellation of my draping class tomorrow. It was 60 here today.

Nicki said...

What is this strange substance you call "snow?" Haven't seen a flake, although there have been pictures of people in Yorkshire scraping their cars all over the news like it's the end of the world. I guess it's about 40-50 here...not really sure, since I don't know what the Celsius conversion is (or, for that matter, if I spelled Celsius right...) There are some geraniums still blooming on my way to school though, so it can't be that cold.

Laura said...

If it's 14 degrees(F) it feels like -5 with the wind. we were supposed to get 10 inches overnight on Monday and I think we got more like 12. There was power out all over Fargo and Moorhead yesterday due to the weight of collected ice and snow on the powerlines. Both of the other VISTAS haven't been to work since last Wednesday because the office was closed at the YWCA and my co-coordinator was stuck in South Dakota. All the interstates from here to Texas have been shut down.

Joker123 Gacor said...

https://slotshopeepay.news.blog/ adalah situs daftar slot via shopeepay dari toko online terkenal shopee minimal 10 rb saja

slot cimb
pragmatic slot dana