Saturday, September 15, 2007

Habitat for Humanity Euro Blitz-Build '07 Photos
Disclaimer: This site is my own and does not represent the opinons of the Peace Corps or the U.S. Government. Photos courtesy of Tabita and Daniel Sandulean whose house I worked on, and my friend Lisa who put her pictures up on a webpage where I could steal them. (Sorry, I didn't take any pictures of my own.)
This photo, courtesy of Lisa is the construction site at the begining of the week. Foundations and piles of wood.

This is just part of our hard working crew on the Hungarian house. Every house had a flag fora different E.U. country.

Me, applying wet cement to the styrofoam screwed to the wooden walls. This was a fun job as no one would let me stand on the scafolding and I got to do most of the bottom half of the house. I also got a lot of cement dripped in my hair. :)

Over the cement went this white acrylic compound that looked like oatmeal and tasted...delicous. No joke though, I don't think my jeans will ever be the same...

Check out that long pony-tail! I guess no one got any pictures of me working with a hammer on the roof!

This is Tabita, our homeowner. She and her husband Daniel plan to move in to this house in early October.


This is a traditional bread for the house blessings we did at the end of the week. The priests came to bless each house and each family.

This picture of Lisa's almost does justice to the amount of mud there was. Almost.


A finished bedroom minus the floor. Oh, it doesn't look like much now but a lot of work went into that insulation and drywall.

A "completed" house at the end of the week.

27 houses mid-week in various stages of getting their roofs on. (well, don't count them, this is just one side of the road.)

(Ok, can I just say right now I have no idea what's up with Blogger? Why are some pictures bigger than others? Where did my font menu go? Why is it SO HARD to post pictures in the order I want? This, ladies and gentlemen is why I don't have a nice professional looking blog. Anyway, I just had to vent. Thanks for listening!)

2 comments:

Nicki said...

yeah! Look at you working hard building those houses! I know you said it was hard, but I think it also looks like a lot of fun! I'm so proud of you, hon, you make me proud to be an American.

Unknown said...

You are far too hard on yourself! Your blog looks fine, but I'm certainly more impressed with the work you posted about.